Tuesday, May 5, 2009

End of Semester Reflection

Wow, this semester has gone by so fast! I feel like I have learned so much over such a short amount of time. There is an enormous amount of technology available for educators. With a little time and effort, every teacher should be able to use technology within and outside of their classroom. I wish more teachers would attempt to further their knowledge and their student's knowledge and abilities by incorporating these great tools. From a website to a simple wiki, teachers can make a huge difference and a great impact on their students by putting an effort into this.  

Prior to this class, I think that I was afraid of some pieces of technology for my future classroom because I knew that there was a ton of it! I felt overwhelmed about what tools were available for educators and how to use them. I know now that you don't have to try and use every tool out there but you can use multiple ones that you really like and can focus on. Some of these tools can even be used many times (i.e. wiki, animoto, etc.). I've learned that technology can be easy and a lot of fun. 

Because of this course, I feel confident in myself to not only bring technology into my classroom but also to prepare my students with technological skills that will assist them today and in the future. I love that I can connect with the students and their families outside of class over the web. I love that I can provide my class with exciting and interactive games and information to make learning fun and hopefully unforgettable. I am excited to see what technological advances are to come and can't wait to further my learning along with my class!

No comments:

Post a Comment