Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Adopt and Adapt: Shaping Tech for the Classroom
I read the article, "Adopt and Adapt: Shaping Tech for the Classroom", by Marc Prensky. I agree that schools today are dabbling with technology. In high school, we had many different types of computers. Although they were getting better, there still seemed to always be something wrong with them. It seemed that for the longest time we were using the oldest types of software and never upgrading to the 'new and improved'. Most teachers that had (and still have) the means of using technology (posting grades and assignments, communicating to the class, etc.) do not even bother using it. I think a lot of the things we do in and outside class for school could be easier and done more efficiently if technology was better used. Although there are many barriers to reaching a 'Edutopia' like Prensky describes, I agree that our students deserve no less than our absolute best at attempting to get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment