Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Why I want to be a teacher...
I've wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I wanted my career to be something that would impact the lives of others and knew that teaching would do just that. I love helping people grow and being a mentor. History is my favorite subject, so I chose social studies as my endorsement. My Bachelor's Degree is in Secondary Education. I think that I have a greater impact on older students, so I would love to teach at the high school level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing your story. What impact did your teachers have on your decision to be a teacher? Do some special ones stand out in your mind? There are many rewards to being a teacher and you certainly will have many opportunties to impact the your students. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThere weren't any teachers who particularly influenced my decision to become a teacher. I helped my younger sisters a lot with their homework and studying for school growing up and loved it. I think that is when I thought I had a talent for teaching others.
ReplyDelete