Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Assignment #4

Again, I created a website for my technology project, which can be found here. Throughout the process of creating my website, I have learned so much. This was the first time I have ever done so, so everything was new to me. Figuring out what I wanted to add to my site and then creating it and adding a link was a challenge. It took me a long time to do this. Over time, I think that my site will really be able to develop and become great. I love that I can change it and do whatever I want to it whenever I decide. Although, remembering to keep all of the important stuff on the website without creating too much clutter is extremely important for students. There were multiple features that I used for this project. They are:

Creating a website on webs.com and adding links on the site for the following tools-
Wiki
Photobucket 
Delicious
Podcast
Blogspot
Flickr

A NETS standard that is covered by this project for teachers:
~By creating a website that includes an array of different tools, I can show my students that I have knowledge of technology and that we will learn from one another as that knowledge increases. I will continue to add to the site so that it stays current as technology develops.

3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning

Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:

a.demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.
b.

collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.

c.communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.
d.

model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning.

A NETS standard that is covered by this project for students:
~My project meets these standards because the the student must understand the basic funtioning of the technology tools supplied in order to use them. We will work together to fix problems that we come across. By using the tools provided to create projects, presentations, and to communicate with one another, students will learn technology operations and concepts. 
6.Technology Operations and Concepts
 Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations. Students:
 
a.understand and use technology systems.
b.select and use applications effectively and productively.
c.troubleshoot systems and applications.
d.transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment