Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

I have used all three of these tools. The main reason for using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is for school projects and assignments. I have worked with Word the most out of the three. It has many useful features. In Word, a person can write essays, take notes, make lists and handouts, and much more. It is capable of changing font size, color, and type and adding Clip Art or pictures from the Web. Excel is an excellent program as well. I like to use Excel for making charts. It provides neat columns and rows for organization. PowerPoint is best for showing a slideshow or information that is being taught. I have used these for class presentations and have seen teachers use PowerPoint to convey their lessons. PowerPoint is like Word, but is displayed in the form of slides. The information on each slide is typically short and sweet, with pictures and colors to add to the creativity. 

With Word, I could have my students write an essay on an historical event or figure. With Excel, my students could create a timeline for a period of time that we are studying. PowerPoint could be used to create a presentation on a researched topic that will then be presented to the class.  

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how most everyone said that PowerPoint would be used to create a presentation on something the students researched.

    It makes me wonder if PowerPoint can be used for something else.

    ReplyDelete