Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Improving Instruction with Interactive Whiteboards

I think it is interesting that although the Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District is in a decline, Lory Stewart thinks that the interactive whiteboard will be the key to the district's success. It's great that this woman found something that she thought would work for her schools, and was not afraid to try a new piece of technology. 
The one piece of equipment an interactive whiteboard needs to operate is a computer. I can see this being a problem in schools that cannot afford even one computer per classroom.  Also, these boards seem like they would cost a lot of money. Stewart brings up a good point. If we did not put as much money into textbooks anymore and rethought our budgets, we should be able to afford this system. 
I do think that with some training, teachers will be able to use this board with ease. It seems that it will ultimately save teachers time during their lessons and will keep the students engaged and interactive. I wish that I had had a SMARTBoard throughout my education because I think it would have really helped. This is a great, new technology that I hope will catch on quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment