Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Reflection #1
Through high school, the main piece of technology used was an overhead projector. Although classrooms still have them in college, it is not used often anymore. There were many problems with this equipment. One is that they are very bulky. Whoever sat right behind the overhead could not see the board. They were also very noisy and this was distracting. Another problem was that the lightbulb in it always seemed to burn out. Lastly, the teacher had to adjust the focus per overhead sheet. This didn't take up too much time, but it is less time that the teacher has to instruct. While this invention was better than nothing, I am extremely glad that we have advanced and moved on to bigger and better things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have a personal grudge against overhead projectors myself. I think they are bulky, unreliable, and they usually smell too hot. No sir, I don't like 'em.
ReplyDeleteI am also glad that we have advanced and moved on to bigger and better things.
Plus, I can't help but think of the story that Dr. Kress told us about the teacher who looked to long at the overhead, and it somehow crossed the wires in her brain so that she was speaking gibberish. That freaks me out a little!
I have to agree with the both of you - Overhead projectors must go! Why use something when there are so many better options available? I must say though, I can remember being in elementary and even high school feeling very mature and important every time I got to make an overhead sheet whether for a project or for a teacher. I know, I'm wierd. Although we all think they serve no purpose now, I do think that schools with an extremely low budget that cannot afford to upgrade must appreciate their overhead projectors greatly because as you said Danielle, they are better than nothing. : )
ReplyDelete