Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Caught on video

The use of video seems like it would benefit many different types of professions. I never thought about a doctor using an iphone or a device like it to convey procedures and such to patients. It's a great idea, especially for those who are more visual than auditory. I like how the article listed scenarios where the flip video could be useful. It gave me ideas that I can integrate into the classroom in the future when I am a teacher. My favorite suggestion is number 11-recording a 'play by play' of what the student has done over a period of time. Instead of having to describe all of a student's accomplishments to their parents (which can be time consuming and hard to remember), video taping throughout the term will actually show the parents what their child has done. With technology continually advancing, I think that this concept will be used in classrooms more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment