Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Reflection #5
I found an article of this really cool idea that can be used in every subject area, althought the article uses it is history class. The article talks about using something as simple as a tissue box to teach history. This is something that the students can do on an individual level or in groups. Because there are six sides, each side can be used to display information. On the top of the box, the student(s) write what there project is about. On the bottom they write their name, teacher/class, and sources used. The remaining four sides can be determined by you, but some examples are a description of the event/person/thing, a visual (picture/map), interesting facts, pictures of how the topic is viewed today, or how the event is connected with other subjects (math, science, etc.). I think this would be a really fun and unique project to do. It gives the students a chance to be as creative as they want while still learning valuable information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDanielle! This is a great idea. I think I could definitley use this as a different way to present a project in my future social studies classroom. It's different, but is still effective for research. Thanks for sharing. I saved the link.
ReplyDelete