Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection #3

A semi-new piece of technology that I have been seeing more and more in the classroom is the Document Projector. I think when I was in high school we had maybe one but it was not used very much. Now some classes are using this on a daily basis. For instance, a class that I recently observed used it for the 'daily warm-up'. When correcting the problems, the teacher wrote directly on the worksheet under the projector so the students could not only hear, but see the right answers. I really like this invention. I think that it can be used at any grade level and in every subject area. What I like most about the Document Projector is that you can put anything under it to display for the class. Whether it is a picture, printer paper, cardstock, or an object. So if you are in the middle of a lesson and decide that it would be nice to project something for the class, you could just walk over and do so. No need for transparency-only sheets anymore! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have seen it in a few classrooms myself. The students seem more intrigued when it is being used. The wierd part for me is seeing the teachers use it. They use it the same way you would use a projector, but they do not branch out. They do not put fun stuff under it, but just do the same old stuff. We need to remember to keep the new stuff new by being creative with the new material at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the document projector! I think it is soooo cool! The first time I saw it was approximately three years ago when I did my observation in University Place school district. I was so fascinated with it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Forget about heavy overhead projectors and transparencies and the fact that after writing on a transparency you must wipe it clean! Document cameras are so easy to use and give you more varieties of what you can do with it.
    I really hope they have them in inner-city schools! That’s where I am planning to teach….

    ReplyDelete